Healthy Homes and Gardens
Healthy Homes and Gardens Main Page
Pesticides, paint and adhesives, cleaning products, cosmetics. Many chemical products in your home can be hazardous to you and your family. They may also pose environmental hazards when used or thrown away. Did you know that toys, furniture, kitchenware, and electronics also may contain toxic chemicals?
How safe are the products you use? Are there better choices and where do you find them? This page is your gateway to learning more, to buying safer products, and to taking action to make products safe.
Choose a Product Category to Learn More
Persistent Toxic Chemicals in Products
- Hazardous waste programs in the Seattle area: Local Hazardous Waste Management Program in King County
- Locate hazardous waste disposal anywhere in the United States: Earth911
- Free home environmental health audits: Master Home Environmentalist™ Program
- Find out which products are most involved in home poisonings: Poison Centers Annual Reports
- Look up ingredients and safety information on consumer products: Household Products Database from the National Institutes of Health