8 Reasons To GiveBIG To WTC On May 15th
Spring is in the air. That means GiveBIG, our community’s biggest giving day of the year, is right around the corner. We know you want to donate where your dollar will do the most good. That’s why we are giving you eight reasons to GiveBIG to Washington Toxics Coalition on May 15th.
Spring is in the air. That means GiveBIG, our community’s biggest giving day of the year, is right around the corner. We know you want to donate where your dollar will do the most good. That’s why we are giving you eight reasons to GiveBIG to Washington Toxics Coalition through The Seattle Foundation on May 15th.
- You shouldn’t have to be a scientist to pick out a couch free of cancer-causing chemicals. Every year we work to pass policies that protect you and your family from the worst toxic chemicals including the one that took water bottles and baby bottles made with BPA off store shelves in Washington.
- We all want the next generation to inherit a safer, toxic-free future.
- Someone has to keep a watchful eye on the chemical industry. We have caught them doing this, this and this to name a few. Who else is going to shine the light on 5,000 kids' products reported to contain toxic chemicals?
- Donations allow us to test more products for harmful chemicals. We want you to have the latest information on products to avoid. Reports like Something Smells or Hidden Hazards keep you up on the latest science.
- We are superheroes for Washington’s families!
- No one should have to live with the heartbreak, pain or cost of preventable, environmentally induced disease.
- We keep you in the know. Want toxic-free tips on the cheap? We have them. Recipes to green your clean? Check. Looking for a healthy mattress? Learn from us.
- Washington is blazing the trail for safer chemicals across the nation. Or, as Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families Director Andy Igrejas put it,
With your help Washington Toxics Coalition is leading the charge to build a toxic-free future. Please, get out your calendar and write a reminder to yourself to GiveBIG to Washington Toxics Coalition on May 15th!
For more information about GiveBIG, check out The Seattle Foundation's website.